Tuesday 31 December 2013

New Years' Resolution for 2014

This week's Pin:


This Week's Pin:  New Year's Resolution for 2014
Who's This For:  Just Me 
Price:  Nothing


This is an inspirational quote from Albert Einstein.  It seems like a good philosophy to live by so that's as good as any resolution I've heard of.


Oh, if only 'laughing' was spelt right.  Alas.

I'm not usually someone who makes resolutions on New Year's Eve.  I know plenty of people who are and I always laugh at the ridiculousness of the whole situation.  In my opinion, make a decision today, or tomorrow and do it.  The date on the calendar is irrelevant.

If I find a resolution that fits me perfectly, then maybe I can have one.  This one seems fairly straight forward, how about it?


And if it doesn't work, then what?  My Mother had a stupendous saying for everything "Oh, well".  She lived a very happy life and achieved many great things.  However, my New Year's resolution can't exactly be 'Oh, well'.  

So, I found this Pin.  Perhaps this is me.


I was brought up with that old fashioned philosophy that if you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all.  That doesn't work in the real world.  Internalising problems doesn't make you happy.

Yes I want to be happy.  But leading a normal life encompasses more than that.  Sometimes something interesting happens to you and it doesn't necessarily make you happy but it was still worth it.  Ok then.  What philosophy can I base my New Year's Resolution on then?



Ha, now this one I like!  Not much of a New Year's Resolution 'though.  It's more of a guideline.  Try again.

Here's a Pin that I could use:



Actually, that's a good one.  My New Year's Resolution is to sleep more, listen to more music, drink more tea, read more books, see more sunsets etc. etc. That's close, but where's the EAT MORE CHOCOLATE! I think this Pin's too specific.  I need to find something more appropriate.

Here's one that's closer to me:


"I resolve to laugh every day, eat more chocolate, sleep in on Sundays, make dinner an event, breathe more deeply, spend more time with the people I love." Yes, that's a resolution that matches me.  But what about doing new things?  I need that too.

How about a simple statement that covers it all?



Is it too narcissistic?

This Pin is John Lennon's quote about being happy.  


This resonates with me.  I like it.  If it's good enough for John, then it's good enough for me.

So that's it then.  Here's a simple resolution that I can keep:


With a little modification, here's my resolution: In 2014 I just want to be happy.

Happy New Year to you and yours,

Soops

“Time And health are two precious assets that we don’t recognize and appreciate until they have been depleted.”  ~Denis Waitley

No comments :

Post a Comment